"The wizards usually just teleport the offender out of the country and past the Walls, leaving them to be another land's problem." Yzara carefully folds her napkins as she speaks. "Once they're past the borders, they aren't concerned with what becomes of them. I've been working on that technique myself - it can quite handy to be able to put one's foe far from oneself."

Not that such a solution actually resolves the issue, but it does create a comfortable amount of breathing room.

"The daemonfey are active. We don't want to leave them be for long, lest they accomplish whatever it is they seek to do with the lodestones. I would guess they have some sort of ritual planned, which would undoubtedly require many components besides the lodestones themselves. Considering there are few that would supply them, we could try cutting off their supply by finding their contact. Or we could try to deprive them of the stones themselves. A riskier prospect, but not so risky as facing them in battle.

The use of the lodestones suggest a geographically associated ritual. If we can identify or infer the likely landmark, we could preempt their movements and cut them off from reaching it. Suppose we consider the significant landmarks that the Old Road could take them too. What could be their target?"