Quote Originally Posted by Chambers View Post
Erendriel pauses before taking another sip of wine. "Maybe we should have done it." The thin elf brushes back some of their long hair and watches the sunset. "The banishment might have killed him...but if it did not, then we would have a pliable mind to probe. Now it will be months perhaps, before we are able to separate host from their parasite. Tell me, is this how you handle traitors where you come from?"
Kel tried not to bristle visibly at the jibe. "Where I am 'from', traitors are beaten to death. There might be some crude torture beforehand, maybe even as part of some savage public spectacle, depending on who was offended. In any case it's an ugly affair, something not to be emulated."

Quote Originally Posted by Xanyo View Post
The use of the lodestones suggest a geographically associated ritual. If we can identify or infer the likely landmark, we could preempt their movements and cut them off from reaching it. Suppose we consider the significant landmarks that the Old Road could take them too. What could be their target?"[/B][/COLOR]
"Their contact may have useful information herself. Though I doubt she could be convinced to help us willingly, surveilling her may lead to the lodestones' source, perhaps even uncover a wider conspiracy if some other organization is knowingly supplying them. It may even be possible to ambush their next meeting and obtain a lodestone, potential prisoners for questioning, and thin their numbers a bit."