1. - Top - End - #608
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

Default Re: World of Warcraft - Interbellum (IC Thread)

Emilia listens to the exchanges as she coaxes a cosy fire to life; and produces the leftovers of her food supplies to bodge together into a 'it'll do' casserole.

"Well, I don't know what 'Eclectic Formal' means. I assume it means formal by anyone's standards and we're supposed to just.. be diplomatic about it. I hope it includes armor, because... I'm not wearing a dress if I don't have to. But getting there is the trick."

She glances now that the fire is coming to life; takes her hair out of its ponytail; combs the locks into a comfortable splay with the raking of one hand.

"The 'Docks' of Orgrimmar are skydocks for zeppelins. It's build into a land-bound chasm. Parts of it pretty far below sea level; very defensible. To get there by ship, you'd be sailing for two days to the east coast of Durotar to one of the coastal villages, then hoofing it inland for a day or so. You'll lose a whole day you could save if you take the zeppelin, and have to do a bunch of overland travel on top of it. I think the zepplin's the smart bet - but the safest is just the straight hike."

Spoiler: Travel Options
    Show
    You have 7 days to get to Orgrimmar. Here's your speculative options:

1. Travel 6 days overland directly to Orgrimmar. This is the safest option (timewise), as it relies on no additional transport. It will leave you 1 Day of preparation, in Orgrimmar.

2. Travel 3 days overland to Ratchet, and 1 by Zeppelin to Orgrimmar. This is the riskiest (timewise) since who knows what challenges the zepplin will provide - but it looses your schedule up to have 3 days to rest/prepare either in Ratchet or Orgrimmar in whatever proportions you prefer.

3. Travel 3 days overland to Ratchet, and 1 by sea to the east coast of Durotar, and 1 overland to Orgrimmar. Splits the risk to give 2 free days to rest/prepare. Nautical dangers likely less troublesome than airborne ones.

You may, of course, split up and go in whichever proportions you like whichever ways. Despite the memery, sometimes splitting the party is cool and sensible.
    Last edited by MrAbdiel; 2022-11-23 at 07:11 AM.