" Most of them are just out for profit, and are as cowardly and prone to panic as any sellsword or merchant; if this detachment is filled with that sort, we'd only need to give them a credible threat, even that they'd have a credible excuse to provide their superiors to avoid punishment. Some members of the Black Network, however, belong not out of material greed but a darker blemish on their soul, a genuine belief that the forces of darkness, death and deceit are worthy of their devotion. Fanatics can't be broken, or driven off, only ended. But that can be used against them, too; fanatics sometimes make decisions based on their beliefs, and their hopes, rather the the truth of the matter. Much would depend on who exactly is leading this particular force of Zhentish rabble." The knight finishes answering Xanyo's question, and smoothes out one side of his mustache, drawing it between thumb and forefinger of his right hand, ensuring that it hasn't grown too ruffled from the meal. After a few more beats of thought, he adds.

"I am in contact with some good people who are of one mind with me on the topic of the servants of darkness. I could see whether they have any information on what forces are arrayed there in the fastness of the mountain passes, and even whether they have any designs of their own."