View Single Post

Thread: [WFRP] The Bloody Crown XIV

1. - Top - End - #34
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [WFRP] The Bloody Crown XIV

"He might find it embarrassing," said Filomena, "since he was the one who signed off on my taking possession."

Opening a ledger, she drew out a folded piece of parchment and opened it in front of Ludo. Immediately, his eye was drawn to Al-Makir's elegant signature at the bottom.

"I told him the truth," she said. "That the place had become occupied by drifters from the Downs; that it was a danger to public order, and likely to be the start of another fire. That if there was an owner, they weren't to be found within the city walls, and were making no efforts towards the building's maintenance or keeping it clear of vagrants." She paused. "I may have left out some other details."

She looked from Sieghard to Ludo, watching their faces closely. "I hope you don't take this personally," she said, "but this is business. You left a void when you killed the old thug who used to run these docks, and if I didn't move in at the Cat, someone else would have. It was too good an opportunity to pass up." She crossed her hands flat on the table. "You can take this to Abdul if you want, or Sforza," - Ludo noticed how she didn't call him by his title - "and we can see who has more favours owed, but myself, I think they're going to look more favourably on the place as a tax-paying enterprise than as a den of beggars. Alternatively, we can agree that you did sell me the deeds," she said, "and I can still offer you a reasonable price for them. Out of respect for our past association."
    Last edited by LCP; 2022-11-28 at 06:16 AM.
    Spoiler: My Games
    Show

WFRP 2E - Tales of Perilous Adventure
    The Hour After Midnight
    The Lord of Lost Heart
    Ill Met By Morrslieb

Dark Heresy 1E - Wake of the Byzantium
    Episodes: I, II, III, IV, V

WFRP 2E - The Bloody Crown
    Threads: I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII, VIII, IX, X