1. - Top - End - #113
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Default Re: The Power of One - A WFRP2e Solo Experience (OOC)

Sorry to annoy you with just speaking out loud, but I'm just going over page 104 of the core book in regards to income, availability etc. Though as I mentioned in my IC post, I'm not a rules lawyer expecting you to adhere to things 100%, it is a useful point of reference and framing for these sorts of things so one can get a sense of scale.

Like the yearly pay of a farmer (I think in the career entries the book distinguishes peasants working the land from "farmers", who make a good living and have enhanced social status because of it) is 15-25 gold crowns, monthly pay of 15-25 shillings and weekly pay of 45-75 pennies.

So together Gaulfredo and Ariana generate about 24-50 gold crows a year before taxes. Then along comes Taalia with this chest within which is a Nobles Garb, which is worth what they make in a year, let alone the rest of the items. The good craftsman mirror is 30gc, which is more than Gaulfredo makes in a year. All up, Taalia wants to take 89 gc worth of materials to the local market to barter with, that's about 90gc, or almost twice what this family makes in a year. According to Old World Armory, 90gc is enough to buy an acre of common rural land, or a rural hovel she could set herself up in. Like imagine if you took someone in and they wanted to trade with goods worth a bit under half of what you make a year. That's quite something.

So if she traded those items for other items, one of them being an ox, and then gifted it to Gaulfredo/Ariana to replace their draught horse, that's like someone gifting you something worth over a years worth of pay. And still having "value" left over to barter for some more things.

Again, sorry to bother you, this is really just me talking out loud about things I find interesting because I'm a nerd with an over-active imagination lol.
    Last edited by BananaPhone; 2022-12-04 at 04:04 AM.
    "Of all the words by tongue and pen, by far the saddest are "I could have been...""

"The first rule of success is to have a vision. You see if you don’t have a vision of where you are going, if you don’t have a goal for where to go, you’ll drift around and never end up anywhere...can you imagine a majority of people don't know where they are going? I knew where I was going!” – Arnold Schwarzenegger