View Single Post

Thread: Adventures in the Forgotten Realms [IC]

1. - Top - End - #22
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Default Re: Adventures in the Forgotten Realms [IC]

Lady Morgwais sighs and smiles. "Thank you, friends. Though the task still lays ahead it eases the burden on my heart to know you are to set your will upon it. Finish your letters this evening and Akh'Faern Erendriel will send them to where they need to go." Erendriel nods while the Lady continues. "If you require a response from your messages before entering the Greypeaks I suggest waiting in Loudwater with the relief. It's the last place nearest to the pass you'll find that's free of the Zhentarim. The Chosen of Mielikki do well to keep the Black Road from encroaching further west but their protection is limited to the Vale."

She stands and reaches into one of the deep folds of her dress and pulls out a small leather pouch. "The protection of the People goes much further, however." She opens the pouch and shakes out six polished gemstones that each of you recognize as the elemental lodestones taken from Sundabar. “These are the stones that we used during our ritual.” She says, nodding to Yzara and Kelveroth. “The passage through time has altered them in some unique ways. One effect is that they seem unable to be attuned to other lodestones without destroying them, which means these can’t be used to find other sources of what they fey’ri seek. A shame, but there are other ways to find them.” She says with one raised eyebrow and without elaboration.

“These lodestones have been attuned with each other not only physically, but also temporally. There’s more theory I could explain, but in brief, whoever holds these lodestones shares a temporal attunement with the other bearers. We haven't decided on a name for-”

“I call them temporal wardstones.” Erendriel says with a grin. “Timewards.”

Lady Morgwais makes a face of resignation familiar to any who have raised children or apprentices. “Yes, while we are not sure of the full effect of these…timewards…I feel that you’ll have ample opportunity to investigate, and hopefully share your results.” She claps her hands softly and servants come forward to clear the table. “Travel from Loudwater to the pass should take about half a tenday, less if you acquire mounts. If you would accept this last night of our hospitality before your travels, Akh'Faern Erendriel will take you to Loudwater in the morning.”

Spoiler
    Show
    Each of you receives a temporal wardstone. Please note it on your character sheets. The stones have a strong aura of Divination and Time and have no known function otherwise.

The party also has a letter of credit drawn from Sundabar lenders worth 7,500gp as payment for their services in Longsaddle.
    Last edited by Chambers; 2022-12-06 at 09:34 PM.
    "We have sent many to Hell, to smooth our way," said I, "and we are standing yet and holding blades. What more?"- Roger Zelazny, This Immortal
    Avatar Image: The Great Wave off Kanagawa by Hokusai; bitmap version by me.