Bardhyl, 27th Pflugzeit

Sandu shook on it. “I just don’t like getting mixed up with the friends of princes, is all,” he said. “They come and go too fast.”

Knocking back the last of the drink, he stood and made ready to leave. “Let me know when you’ve got the girl,” he said. “I’ll have the boat ready.”

29th Pflugzeit

Putbad

“The Azril runs fast through the Knives,” said Roth. “You lose your boat there, you’ll have a hard time getting back upriver. Especially with this lot on the loose, no-one’s picking up a passenger waving from the bank.” He shrugged. “If I was looking for ‘em, I’d look downstream, in Selsan, or Savonne even - but that wasn’t what the guilders were paying us for.”

"The boats I heard were lost were the Rockhopper and the Mere-Maid," said Leona. "I don't know what the Rockhopper was carrying, but the Maid had goods from the north. Grain and oil.”

Painford

Jacques looked a little surprised when Jarla took his drink away from him. “If you insh- insist, my lady,” he said. “I shouldn’t… shouldn’t delay, really, but the journey has been very tiring so far.” He looked at Jarla. “You’re staying here too?” he asked, hopefully.