"Your investigation?" asked Leona. "I wouldn't have thought hunting wreckers was wizard business."

"Wizard business," said Elsa wryly, "is whatever a wizard chooses to make their business."

"If you want people who really know the river, you should talk to the monks of Azriller. Though I don't know what advice they can offer, except to pray."

Elsa snorted. "Sounds about right. I won't bother with them. One of my masters often said, pray in one hand and take a dump in the other and see which one fills up first." She downed the rest of her wine and set the cup down. "You were talking about wizard business... To tell the truth, there hasn't been much of it since we dusted that vampire in Nath. I think his influence is what's causing the drought, but I can't prove it to the Prince. In fact I'm still working on that. I suppose I'm keen to justify my continued employment, and that's why the wrecker business got my attention."

She steered the conversation towards more casual topics, such as books, stage plays, horseback riding and other hobbies, just to make her visit worthwhile without overstaying her welcome.

After about twenty minutes, she got up. "My magic can't help me locate the wreckers, Lady Groz, but I'll be sure to toss a couple of fireballs their way if they make the mistake of attacking my boat. Thank you for the wine and the company."

Spoiler: OOC
Show
I have no other plans in Putbad. If it's still possible to catch a boat to Savonne at midday, Elsa will do so. If not, she'll take the first boat tomorrow morning.