1. - Top - End - #18
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Tiering the Pathfinder Classes - Gunslinger, Slayer, Swashbuckler and Shifter

Gunslingers are weird. It’s like the old mystic ranger. They are tier 4 until 5th level, and then there is no reason to ever take gunslinger 6. Still, they do enough damage and, being full bab classes, can still hit many fliers even without touch ac. High op gunslingers will full attack with twf and do ludicrous amounts of damage that always lands. So I feel like they fit into tier 4.

Slayers. Better fighters than rogues with almost as many skill points puts these on par with unchained rogue. But yes, playing a sanctified slayer is generally a better version of this exact class. Still they are decent at damage and have some skills and means of bypassing stat prerequisites on feats. But not as good as a ranger. Tier 4.25

Shifter is such a disappointment. I’d rather play a 9 wisdom druid. I don’t think I can fairly rate it, but I would call it a step up from unplayable, but you will constantly be disappointed with the class. So I guess tier 5. Reactive shifter is probably 4.5 then. Ooze shifter is unplayable. tier 6 is the worst we can give, or it would be worse.

Swashbuckler is a dip for inspired blade based investigators. Play a virtuous bravo or daring champion instead. They do this class’s theme better (if not necessarily a tier better). Tier 5.
    Last edited by Kitsuneymg; 2022-12-09 at 11:20 PM.