1. - Top - End - #29
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Tiering the Pathfinder Classes - Gunslinger, Slayer, Swashbuckler and Shifter

Quote Originally Posted by Kurald Galain View Post
    Let's see. The first hit that would kill you instead leaves you at 1 hp and 1 grit; the second one leaves you at 1 hp and 0 grit; and then the third hit kills you because you were at 1 hp. So a single full attack of a high-CR monster can still kill you. That's a decent combo but not particularly game-breaking or tier-raising.
    That's not how I read that, it says "spend all of her remaining grit points (minimum 1)" which to me looks like a minimum on how much you spend, not how much you end up with. If the minimum 1 was how much grit you ended up with, it would be free if you only had 1 grit. Am I reading that wrong?

Either way, not a gamebreaking ability, you might get killed less because of it, but you'll probably still get killed sometimes and at the level you get it a raise dead is pretty trivially cheap. Not that it should have much impact on tiering anyway, they get it at level 19 so it doesn't see much actual play. Even level 15 abilities won't come up much.

Edit: I'm dumb, missed the capstone. The only question then is, can you reduce the cost of an ability that doesn't have a fixed cost, only 'however much grit you currently have?' Probably yes, just wondering if that got FAQ'd at some point.
    Last edited by Drelua; 2022-12-11 at 07:54 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chronikoce View Post
    If I handed someone a candlestick and asked them to hold it for me you wouldn't say they were wielding the candlestick. If I handed someone a candlestick and asked them to club an intruder to death you would say they were wielding the candlestick. The act of using the held item for a purpose such as intruder clubbing changes the word that ought to be used.