View Single Post

Thread: WH40K coming to Amazon stream

1. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: WH40K coming to Amazon stream

I would argue that most 40K adaptations just take a part of the setting and largely ignore the rest. I'm thinking of the few dawn of war video games Ive played here. Unlike lord of the rings 40k is not a single cohesive story its a giant mass of contradictions and logic so all you need to do is focus on a relatively small part of it. Can they screw it up? certainly no question but amazon is not a single person and the failure of one property does not guarantee the failure of another.

You mentioned the fear of offending someone and that definitely a possibility depending on where they put their focus (slanesh cough) but you could for instance probably do a story about brave guardsmen/pdf fighting against tyranids without steeping on many toes.

That said I hear vague rumors of some geek property being adapted for a tv/movie series all the time and rarely do they amount to anything so this is way, way to early to be worrying if they are going to do it well or not in my opinion.

edit
    Quote Originally Posted by Rynjin View Post
    But my money would honestly just be on them going for some kind of unambiguous Imperium vs Tyranids ("THE GREATEST THREAT TO THE IMPERIUM") story that is basically just Starship Troopers: The Series with a slightly grittier edge.
    I had the same thought but was picturing Aliens
    Last edited by awa; 2022-12-16 at 11:35 AM.