Quote Originally Posted by D.O.M.T View Post
A stray dog ate my cat. I fell into such sadness that I made a deal with an ancient deity, Cthulhu, to gain enough power to avenge my cat. I now search for that mutt, so i may take my revenge. Wanna do the rest? could be funny for my level 8 warlock
You didn't tell me what race the warlock was... what kind of warlock... or a name...
But I rolled with it because I am always up for a challenge to my creativity.
Since ye mentioned Cthulhu, I added some other Cthulhu elements (the Sky Wolf and the God of Knowledge) - Kahzara is all made up, however.
Hopefully you enjoy how it's written and to explain how your Warlock eventually gave his service to Cthulhu...
As always I'd love to hear feedback - good or bad, what you liked or didn't.
Especially for this one because it is SO very different than what I normally do.
Also, it keeps the thread bumped and alive.
Enjoy!
============================

All of my life I’ve been told cats have nine lives.

The truth is that is a complete lie.

The fabrication of this myth came about when mischievous demigod by the name of Kahzara who bore a Ring of Rebirth on each finger, faced off against the dread sky wolf, Mh'ithrha. In his feline form, Kahzara promised Mh'ithrha that he could not be killed; and the sky wolf, confident that he could kill anything, accepted Kahzara’s offer in feline form. The two battled, and as expected, Mh'ithrha killed Kahzara quickly. However, the first ring triggered, and Kahzara to Mh'ithrha’s surprise, was reborn. So the Sky Wolf killed Kahzara again; and then again; and then again – killing Kahzara a total of eight times, before Kahzara said, “Admit it, sky wolf. I cannot be killed.” The Sky Wolf, growled and cursed the feline and banished him back to the realm of mortals.

Mh'ithrha, the Sky Wolf, bestowed the urge for all canines in the world to hunt and kill all felines they ever met. However, Yog-Sothoth, the god of knowledge, whom Mh'ithrha had frequently battled, had taken witness to the battle between his enemy and the demigod, Kahzara – and knew that Mh'ithrha would be furious. Yog-Sothoth could not bestow immortality to the cats of the world, but he bestowed upon them great senses, to see in the dark and to be agile, and claws to defend, and to climb, to escape Mh'ithrha’s kind on the mortal world.

I share all of this because this story is a part of who I am – and why I became the way that I am. You see, I had this cat – I can’t remember when I first got it – it seems as if my mother had it before me, and my mother before her – but it was probably just cats of the same litter. However, there was a day, I’d been enjoying my time with my orange tabby, Feoil Mharbh, when suddenly a dog had leaped over the fence and bore its fangs. Feoil Mharbh’s fur was instantly up and claws and fangs came out. I stepped between Feoil Mharbh and this stray dog. I’d thought the dog had come for Feoil Mharbh – but the way the dog’s red eyes followed me as I moved. This was no normal dog – this was some magical beast sent not to kill my beloved cat – but sent to kill me. But why?

The dog sprang forward and instinctively I raised my arm to defend myself; but the dog’s massive maw locked onto my arm, like a dog who was fetching a stick, and his teeth bit deep into my flesh and blood sprayed my face as I let out a scream, tasting the copper of my own blood as it dripped into my mouth like bitter honey.

The dog’s massive strength was surprising as he shook me around like a ragdoll, by my arm. I felt my arm yank from my shoulder as tendons screamed to remain connected, but snapped under the strain. I screamed again, pain wracking my body with so much intensity that consciousness came and went like hot flashes. I heard Feoil Mharbh feline howl rip through the day and I saw, between the coming in and out of consciousness, as Feoil Mharbh leapt on the dog’s back, his claws extended and ripping the dog’s flesh apart – so much so that the dog finally released me it began to hemorrhage blood itself. Just before losing consciousness, I could see part of the dog’s spine exposed – as ancient enemies now battled, forgetting me as I bled severely. I looked at the pool of blood I was laying in as it poured freely from my arm like a faithful spring of crimson water.

I’m dying, I thought to myself just as I lost consciousness.

To my surprise, I didn’t die. But I woke up – days? Hours? Not sure – but it was dark now, and the pool of blood I’d been laying in was now mostly coagulated. As I stood and pulled my arm free of the dry, crimson art on the dirt, I flinched in pain again – and looked around for Feoil Mharbh, but there was no sign. As I struggled to stand, the loss of blood still making it difficult to stand straight; I put my weight against the nearby tree to help me from spiraling and crashing right back into the ground. That’s when I saw another pool of blood and Feoil Mharbh’s collar. I tried to walk over to the collar but instead stumbled, face first into the dirt and just crawled over to Feoil Mharbh’s collar. It was Feoil Mharbh’s collar… but where was Feoil Mharbh?

The minutes turned into hours… into days… into weeks… into months… and Feoil Mharbh never returned… and deeper and deeper into sadness and depression I slipped with each passing second that escaped me without Feoil Mharbh at my side…

Eventually, my mind so broken that I’d lost my friend, who died for me, I gazed into the mirror and the person staring back at me was no longer me. I was a husk of who I was – I hadn’t eaten in days – hadn’t showered. I was all but dead, save for the fact my heart still beat in my chest, as broken as it was.

That’s when I saw his tentacle reflection in the mirror. I quickly turned my head to look behind me, believing I was hallucinating at this point – but there was nothing there. But in the mirror I saw him, his eyes gazing back at me. “Cthulhu,” I whispered.

Surly I was going mad.

“If it’s revenge you seek,” his voice sounded as if each tentacle spoke at the same time, but at a slight different pitch, “give yourself to me – and together we shall seek that who took from you…”

I nodded emphatically.

And Cthulhu smiled.