1. - Top - End - #60
    Barbarian in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

Default Re: Carrion Crown: The Haunting of Harrowstone, Pt. II [IC]

Marius drops his fighting stance at the sound of combat ending. He watches Zauberei climb down the ladder and then drop the final few feet.

"You all safe down there?" he calls down, "If we have a moment, I think it safer if I toss a second rope down alongside the ladder for our return trip. If we can haul ourselves up the first few feet on said rope, the ladder should get us out the rest of the way."

Marius will proceed to do exactly what he said. He loops his silk rope three times around the highest two rungs of the ladder, slowly feeds rope through those loops to shimmy one end of the rope down to just touch the waterline, and then tightens the loops to snugly grip the ladder's top rungs. Holding onto the remaining length of rope that he did not feed through the loops down into the pit, Marius then lashes the rope to the sturdiest and heaviest anchor point within reach or, failing that, ties it in a knot, so that either way the rope should hold fast and rest alongside the ladder.

His preparations made, Marius slowly lowers his lucerne hammer into the pit, hammer-end down to lessen the odds of it twirling. "While I don't want to lose my weapon in the muck, I don't want to give anyone a concussion either. Please stand back as I drop this down." Holding on to the butt of the polearm as it dangles into the pit, Marius drops it the rest of the way, attempting to aim it away from his friends. Then he descends the ladder himself at last, and Marius imitates Zauberei by climbing down from the last rung with his feet dangling before dropping the rest of the way himself and then retrieving his hammer.

"Sorry for the delay," he says to the group, "I'm ready to proceed now."

Spoiler: Mechanics
    Show
    Acrobatics: (1d20+10)[18]
    Last edited by Ason; 2023-01-04 at 02:15 PM. Reason: hammer time troubles