1. - Top - End - #423
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Travels amongst the Border Princes II (WFRP 2e) IC

Quote Originally Posted by dojango View Post
    Vorgrimler shrugs and says, "Who knows what lies beyond Morr's door. Perhaps they have reasons to fear going past it. In the old days, human necromancers would bind their souls to this world, at least until Sigmar put a stop to that sort of thing. The danger is past, is it? I did not get a chance to inspect the tombs after all. The dwarves called this place 'Water-crypts' and believed that the underground rivers would deliver their souls past Morr's gate. I believe Thrakdul Grimfeet is buried there, it would be interesting to see his final resting spot. He was one of Heraklon's boon companions in his adventuring days and as a ruler. It was abandoned some time ago though, I suspect the lizards we saw had something to do with it."

E: Severin, your post is on the page before this.
    'Maybe Dwarves have their own thing going on after they die. It would stand to reason but the Sigmarites back home didn't go into details.' Gabriele is slightly aghast at the idea that Vorgrimler would consider going back down there so soon. 'Remember that there's at least one more of the big lizards down there and it took a lot of effort to put it down. I'd say if you're really interested you might want to come back with more men. Or even see if you can find a Dwarf that's willing to show you around. Having to fight in the dark is the real problem.' Gabriele watches Vorgrimler carefully, 'Saying all that it seems a lot to go down there for idle curiosity. You writing a book?'

Quote Originally Posted by rax View Post
    He fills them in on what Gretchen told him and inquires about what they learned from Vorgrimler. "Does the moniker 'Drunken Weasel' mean anything to you, Harman? You were looking for a river bandit from back north, aye?"

(OOC: I'm assuming that the other PCs conversation with Vorgrimler is taking place the night before as well.)
    'What kind of name is that anyway? Wonder if he just has one of those kind of faces.' Gabriele will pass on what she'd been told of Thrakdul Grimfeet. 'Feel like we should talk to someone who knows the local history when we get back.' Gabriele skates over the details of who they would be talking to with Harman here. 'Vorgrimler's obviously looking for something but I'm not sure if I could work out what even if we went down there on our own time. Do you think he's visiting the graves of Heraklon's other friends as well?'