Spoiler: More rats and goblins
Show
Finishing their rest, the heroes continued on with Meepo guiding them. With Garuuk taking point, the heroes came to an ancient prison cell block with very small cells. He was able to find tracks on the dusty floor belonging to the missing Sir Braford and his entourage. Unfortunately, that is when more dire rat attacked Garuuk, getting a surprise round. All missed. Garuuk manages to chop a rat in half with his katana. Estrilda and Bismarck take down another one together. One is able to bite Estrilda only for the cleric to make her save versus filth fever. Number 5 crushes the last one into bloody paste.

In the next room, everyone notices the trapdoors with iron spikes holding them open.

"Now that is clever," Thom said. The ferran fox bard spotted another carved dragon fountain in the room and moved towards it.

"STOP!" Rinya shouted. Both she and Garuuk grabbed their bard to stop him. Rinya moved towards the statue fountain to check it. Making her checks, she found tubes and a suspicious looking cannister embedded within the statue. She warned everyone to leave the fountain alone as it was a likely deathtrap. Garuuk finds more tracks in the dust and motions for his allies to follow him.

They come to the dire rats next where they fight dire rats and a really big one. (Unlike the module which has Guthash, I used a golemoid dire rat so it would fit in more with the setting. The golemoid monster template is one in the Thunderscape campaign setting that can be applied to any creature; see the book for more details.) The rats get first blood and tear into Thom, Garuuk and Rinya. Lucky for our players, Rinya kills the golemoid dire rat with a critical hit! Garuuk, Number 5 and even Thom (with a rapier thrust) kill the remaining rats. The heroes then search through the refuse...only to find a skeleton with some gear intact. They find a golden ring with the name "Karakas" on it. Everyone exchanges looks with a mixture of sadness and worry.

"Well, we found out what happened to one of Sir Braford's allies," Estrilda remarked sadly.

"I don't hold much hope for the rest of them," Bismarck added.

Meepo interrupted everyone and reminded them of the dragon.

"Goblins! We go now to goblins territory! Go now!"

A few notes here: my party FINISHED the Sunless Citadel and made duck soup out of Belak. I still have a number of entries and encounters from our gaming journal to share. But they made it through!