View Single Post

Thread: Adventures in the Forgotten Realms [IC]

1. - Top - End - #45
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Adventures in the Forgotten Realms [IC]

Yzara is in the middle of a quickstep when the impact occurs, knocking her off her feet. She turns the fall into a tumble-twist and quickly gets her feet back under her. This is it. Time to act. She's positioned near the back, and doesn't look like a combatant. As long as she doesn't do anything blatant, they probably won't pay much attention to her.

Closing her eyes to focus she hears a slow, rising chord within herself. Moving to its rhythm she slowly raises her arms, stomps as she brings them down, and repeats the action in time. Rise, fall, rise, fall. She feels for the echoes of their minds, woven together and doubled up in the hivemind, and with her movements drags her metaphysical fingernails against them.

Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Move action: stand up
    Standard action: Cast a Mind sphere powerful Fear charm, mass. Costs 3 spell points.
    Skilled Casting check (DC 27): (1d20+18)[21] (if the roll is low my CL goes down and I'll edit accordingly)
    7 5 of the rats (I'll go with the ones standing on the front of the ship) have to make a DC 24 22 will save or be panicked for 12 9 rounds. Those that succeed are still shaken for the duration and must make another save or not realize they were the target of an attempted mental intrusion.

EDIT: low roll reduces CL by 3, which reduces the save DC to 22, the number of targets to 5, and the duration to 9
    Last edited by Xanyo; 2023-01-11 at 11:58 PM.
    Ifrit avatar by linkele

Spoiler: Other Avatars
    Show