Spoiler: Goblins and Dragons
Show
The heroes enter the goblin held areas. Opening the door, they see goblins hiding behind the half-wall. Thom and Rinya spot the caltrops on the floor and warn everyone else before going inside.

"Bismarck!" Estrilda shouted, "Use your golem to clear the caltrops away."

Bismarck nodded and sent No. 5 ahead to clear the caltrops. It takes two whole rounds for the golem minion to clear away the caltrops. While that goes on, the heroes open fire on the goblins with bows and crossbows...only for all attacks to miss. The goblins fire javelins at No. 5 only to cause scratch damage against the metal golem. While it is slow-going, Garuuk is able to clear the barricade and attacks; he kills one of the goblins with a critical hit. Rinya also clears the barricade and is able to kill the other goblin with a sneak attack. The heroes then attack the practice range and kill the four goblins there but two of them reduce Rinya to below zero (thanks to a strong damage roll and a critical hit).

Continuing on, the heroes arrive at the goblin stockade and find a faerkin locked up in a prison cell. The faerkin shouts to let him out. Rinya succeeds on her Disable Device roll and picks the lock, freeing the faerkin prisoner.

"Who are you? How did you get here?" Thom starts asking.

"The name's Erky Timbers, friend fox. A year ago, I was travelling on the Old Road and was captured by goblins. They kept me in here for so long. It was only my healing spells keeping me alive. And who are you?"

The heroes introduced themselves and said they were in the Sunless Citadel to capture the wanted mechamage Belak the Outcast as well as find the team sent in before to apprehend Belak.

"Oh yes, I know of Belak but I never saw him. He lives down beneath us on the lower level. The goblins answer to him and act as a buffer to stop any mercenaries sent in to capture him."

"Erky," asked Bismarck, "What happened to Sir Braford, Talgen and Sharwyn?"

"They were locked up with me for about a week. We talked for a while but then the goblins took them out. Belak ordered them brought to him and that's the last I ever heard of them."

As the party was hurt, low on spells and wanting to get new equipment, a decision was made. Meepo agreed to stay down in the Citadel and meet up with them later; the heroes and Erky Timbers returned to Oakhurst. (It was at this point all the party leveled up, rising to level 2!) Estrilda sent a message to the Radiant Order, paying a courier to ride it there. Everyone chipped in for a wand of Cure Light Wounds. Erky Timbers was refreshed, given a fresh set of clothes with supplies, said goodbye and left Oakhurst to return to his hometown.

The heroes returned to the Sunless Citadel, met up with Meepo and continued their quest.

On their way through the trapped hall, Rinya fell into the pit trap and got hurt. This alerted the goblin bandits in the next room. This was another quick fight; all of them perished, one by critical hit from Garuuk's katana. The next room was the trophy room...and inside was the kobold's missing dragon!

"That's it! Meepo want dragon!"

Getting a closer look at it, the heroes noticed it was a wyrmling...and it was a CLOCKWORK dragon! (I used the clockwork creature template for the white dragon wyrmling to keep with the steampunk setting of Thudnerscape: World of Aden.) Bismarck gave the dragon's cage to Meepo; when Meepo saw it was fixed, the faerkin explained he fixed it. They fought the dragon, all causing damage but getting hit by its breath weapon. It was Garuuk who killed the clockwork dragon wyrmling with his katana...which caused Meepo to cry his eyes out!

"Why destroy dragon?" he bawled like a child who had his lollipop taken away.

Rinya, Thom and Estrilda were trying to calm Meepo down. Bismarck used his mechamage tinker ability to fix the clockwork dragon. He got it working again and quickly got it into its cage with the help of Garuuk and No. 5. The team backtracked to the kobold rooms and returned the dragon to Yusdrayl.

"Thank you very much," the kobold said, "As a way of showing our gratitutde, take this."

Yusdrayl handed Estrilda an ancient looking key.

"What is that?" Rinya asked.

"It looks like a key," Thom said sarcastically.

"That key will open the tomb by the entrance way of this citadel," Yusdrayl explained.

That was the doorway they had seen on entering the ruins.