The man listens to Karl with the same look of disdain he had shared with Rachel. When Karl says,

"It is certainly our intention to bring whomever is responsible before judgement one way or another." Karl states, "However, we have reason to suspect that not all is as it seems. We just came from another crime scene, where it looked like the Lance attacked a Carthian.
he interrupts saying, "It's Spear. No one calls us The Lance," spitting the words out with venom.

Antione replies to Karl's question by saying, "Just some empty cans on lighter fluid, left around the side of the building. Nothing else really" Still scowling he says hastily, "Aren't you guys supposed to be good at using The Sight? Use your Shadow powers; I'm sure you'll be able to figure out some things my master and I could not."

To Anna he replies, "I was not aware. My master and I, we are not in direct... favor with our Primogen, and are usually the last to find out about that sort of thing." There is not the same vitriol in his words as he addresses Anna. "I'm sorry, but I'm giving you all the information I have. I wish I had more," Antoine adds. He happily exchanges numbers with Anna, providing his QR code for The Pulse.