Quote Originally Posted by Oramac View Post
It's still $15 per month. I've been playing for more than a decade, and $15 a month is about the max I'd pay for it. Maybe $20. $30/month for DDB is just insane.
To be fair, that nominative $15 (in the US) has stayed where it is because it's subsidized by the WoW Token in most markets - and the token was making so much money in China that they abandoned the monthly subscription fee there entirely. Even just in the US, highly competitive players like Mythic raiding guilds and upper-ranked Arena players tend to max out the amount of gold they're able to rake in via the token each week, and even go into gold debt with other guilds, all so they can buy BoEs, extra consumables etc off the auction house to stay competitive. And even a number of more casual players funnel cash into the token to obtain large gold sinks like the AH mount.

Even putting the token itself aside, there is also the in-game cash shop with exclusive cosmetics, and paid services like server/faction transfers, renames etc. In short, I would wager the true average monthly price for WoW for most people even just in the US is well above $15/mo, and goes up even further as you get into the more competitive echelons of players for both PvE and PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by Bohandas View Post
How do they think they're going to move people from the old customer base to the new customer base when membership in the new customer base is intrinsically predicated on being a rich idiot
Way to make your stance sympathetic

Quote Originally Posted by Pex View Post
I agree $5 is reasonable. I don't object to D&D Beyond charging a fee for their service. Is $10 a month reasonable? Maybe, maybe not. At some point a dollar value will be too much. That's economics. When they say players must pay, do they mean their own D&D Beyond account or per D&D Beyond campaign. If the former where as only the player sharing the content needed an account now, it's irksome but not objectionably wrong for a low price of $5 month. If it's per campaign you're in that's uncalled for.
Yeah for me, the value of any price increase will be dependent on what I get (as I laid out in greater detail in my reply to Segev.)