View Single Post

Thread: D&D Beyond Changes

1. - Top - End - #80
    Barbarian in the Playground

Flumph

Default Re: D&D Beyond Changes

Quote Originally Posted by stoutstien View Post
    Based on my reading you can't share it though. so even for wealthy players/ pro DMs the tool set is limited.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparky McDibben View Post
    Yeah, except some of these sources say the execs' goal is to get everyone spending $30 a month. So I suspect the pressure to upgrade subscriptions is going to be intense.
    I'm skeptical of this reading of the leaks, which seems to be overly cynical. From what I see, there's the tweet from DungeonScribe reporting $30/month/player, saying 'these changes have come down from Execs', and the tweet from DNDShorts saying $30/month is for the highest tier and includes monthly content drops, then reading in that 'their dream is everyone pays $30/month'.

If there are more sources I'd be happy to see them. From these two, I gather that 1) there will be a tiered subscription service with a max tier of $30/month, and 2) everyone needs to have a D&DBeyond account of some sort to play.

But the jump from that to 'everyone needs to be a paying subscriber/everyone needs to subscribe to the highest tier to play' both seem unsupported to me.

A model more like:

Free = you can play, 1 character
    $5/month = multiple characters, bonus minis + dice
    $15/month = Full creator access, GM games, limited storage
    $30/month = Early access to content, bonus assets and other goodies, unlimited online storage

seems both more in line with the industry and consistent with the leaked information.
    Last edited by Atranen; 2023-01-17 at 02:25 PM.