Quote Originally Posted by Sparky McDibben View Post
Yeah, except some of these sources say the execs' goal is to get everyone spending $30 a month. So I suspect the pressure to upgrade subscriptions is going to be intense.
Wait, execs in a for-profit company want as many people as possible spending as much as possible on their products? I'm shocked, I tell you!

And if the source of that "pressure" is offering us something we want to spend $30 on, then they won and so did we

Quote Originally Posted by Oramac View Post
I used to be one of those Raiders. Certainly it matters, but in the grand scheme of it, the high level raiders/mythic+/PvPers are a tiny fraction of the total population of the game. The token surely has an impact, but I doubt whether it pushes the true average much past $20 a month.
Token+shop definitely pushes it above $15 per person per month, perhaps even well above that. All I'm saying is that the belief that WoW's sub has never gone up is true on its face, but also misleading.

Quote Originally Posted by Oramac View Post
And even if it does, WoW still pushes out content WAAAAY faster and more consistently than WOTC ever has. If WOTC published quality content at the same rate that WoW does, I might be ok with a $30/month sub. Maybe.
No argument here.