Quote Originally Posted by Sparky McDibben View Post
First off, good on DnD Shorts. It takes some cojones to tell the world you screwed up, and I appreciate that.

Hopefully the DDB response is genuine, but after all this nonsense floating around, I am less inclined to trust their word.
Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
I would definitely prefer no information to misinformation.

And the worst part is we fell for this once already, back in August, when there wasn't even the excuse of being angry over WotC's recent bungling.
Something something by the time truth gets up in the morning a lie has gone around the globe.

There's multiple points of failure here, but I will point out that at the very least he failed to properly vet a source before posting this information, and at the worst he did it for clicks. I want to give him the benefit of the doubt but I'm not seeing anything that makes these "leaks" have any veracity, and at the very least he could have asked one of the many publicly facing former and current WotC Employees for their opinion on the survey process first.

Worse still, misinformation is gonna make it more difficult for people to get meaningful feedback to WotC and will just kludge up the discussion with nonsense. As noted earlier, this was a top post on r/dndnext, it had a legs and everyone was acting like it was entirely confirmed.
Quote Originally Posted by P. G. Macer View Post
I do recall there being outrage directed at WotC back in August, albeit for very different reasons, as that was around when the 5e Spelljammer set was released, with its mechanical shortcomings as well as a certain moral controversy I won’t go into here.
If you do not know of which August based hoax I've been speaking of, here it is. I brought it up earlier because this confirmed fake has similarities to what we saw here.