Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
WotC themselves specifically addressed that rumor. They read the surveys.
Actually, the truth appears to be that the leaker was referring to the text field boxes, which aren't read and apparently dumped into cyberspace. And at this point, DnD Shorts has attempted to clarify across multiple platforms, so I'm willing to cut them some slack. They're not a journalist by training or profession, they were right on the OGL, right on the internal culture at WotC, and right on several of the statements WotC released. That guy's trying to do due diligence without a safety net, and without getting people fired. I'm willing to cut him some slack.

Also, WotC is still lying about the OGL 1.1's being "drafts," so at this point I'm putting more credibility in "angry Australian YouTuber" than "billion dollar enterprise." Weird times all 'round.

Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
No, sorry but no, "yell just in case" cannot be the default answer to Every. Single. Rumor. Putting aside that that makes the entire community a very toxic and unwelcoming place to be, it will also just drown out every bit of actually legitimate concern and criticism that is being surfaced now and in the future.
I don't think that's the point - the point is not to get loud and toxic, the point is be forewarned that this company isn't your friend and will screw you given half a chance and a leaky condom. We should be cognizant of that.