View Single Post

Thread: Official OGL Discussion Thread

1. - Top - End - #228
    Titan in the Playground

Imp

Default Re: Official OGL Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by jjordan View Post
    And after all the discussion... nothing will really change. WotC will lose some market share and a degree of control, mostly because this flap has raised the question of whether or not the OGL is even needed except in a few cases and there will be a couple of lawsuits that determine the exact boundaries of the IP claim (can they claim mechanics?). But they'll damage control and the vast majority of the players will go back to playing D&D because they love the IP and the game itself. It's the game everyone uses to date themselves. I've been playing since version X. They aren't going anywhere. Ten years from now they'll be saying "I survived OGL".
    Or maybe people will stay mad enough to tank D&Done and make the other Wizasbro projects failures in their owners' money-symbol-covered eyes.

I don't think will be enough to stop WotC from existing, but people voting with their wallets DID impact the company in the past. There is no reason to think Wizasbro is going to take a small loss and nothing else.

Well, no reason YET.
    Last edited by Unoriginal; 2023-01-19 at 07:28 PM.