Quote Originally Posted by Talakeal View Post
I don't know how you can possibly have a group where that isn't the case as players tend to find their fun in such drastically different ways.

If one guy gets their fun from playing a heroic LG paladin who defends the innocent and another gets their fun from playing a villainous CE assassin who defiles the innocent, there really can't be a situation where both have fun working together; a compromise is going to have to be found both in and out of character.
Honestly those players shouldn’t RP together. If their idea of fun in an RPG is so diametrically opposed then there is no IC solution. You only have an OOC marriage if convenience that sooner or later is going to cause IC problems and OOC conflict.

It’s OK to say your idea of fun is X, my idea of fun is Y and they’re incompatible so let’s not mix them. I don’t invite my football loving friends to the opera, nor do I invite my opera loving friends to the football. I go to the opera with my friends who like opera and go to the football with my friends who like football.