Quote Originally Posted by wilphe View Post
Ok:

So 1273 was the "It's not Julia it's Sabine" strip

And 1274 is the "It's not Julia it's Eugene" strip

Can we open a book on who it will be instead of Julia instead of 1275?

My money is on "It's not Julia it's one of the Flumphs", with a hedge on "It's not Julia it's That Guy With The Halberd"

Or, as we're going for insane fan theories "It's not Julia it's Serini" because she is testing out what the groups ethical limits are before deciding to really help them or not
Nonsence, it is blatantly obvious that this is Redcloak's Niece.

Quote Originally Posted by Tubercular Ox View Post
I'm finally understanding the Eugene argument. The Geekery thread says he's Lawful Good, is that consistent with sacrificing Sunny? I guess we're already discussing that. I think his cynical nature gives him more leeway to have sacrifice-sunny-to-save-the-world moments, I'm just not certain if it's enough.
IIRC we've had other lawful good characters argue for destroying the world now so as to save everyone's soul from the snarl.

The ends usually don't justify the means, but there are very few actual absolutes. Uncounted hundreds of millions die and their very souls are devoured is a pretty extreme justification.

Meanwhile, on the other side, if Sunny is killed fighting then, Sunny's soul goes on to its reward, and Sunny may be one of the luckier people who are alive at this time as most of the rest don't get that much.

The only reason Roy may have a point, is that there is, as yet, no reason to think that using Sunny as bait is actually neccessary. But Roy will almost certainly use Sunny in whatever plan he does come up with, because he needs all the help he can get.