1. - Top - End - #6
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Talakeal's Campaign Diary: Pirates of Foreth

Spoiler: Session Three
    Show
    August in the 78th year of Yairmen the Seventh’s Reign

Strange dreams this night.

We are awakened by Tia, who says that she saw a falling star land nearby. I snapped at her.

Many townsfolk had the same dream that I did. They shouldn’t be copying me.

Followed the star, climbed down into caves on the Oceanside cliffs.

Inhabited by woses, chonchon, and cockatrice, all dead now.

Encountered a Dragas with two pet Mirri. He was seeking a necklace. I asked him if he could help us, he asked why we needed help, I told him I didn’t but was being generous. He refused, so I shot him in the back and kicked him in the head until dead. He is a wight now. The dogs ran off into the spirit world.

There is a tree guarding the main entrance, caked in salt and rooted in the surf. It is animate and guards the necklace the dragas was seeking. I like this tree. Jane froze it and we took the necklace.

Was the tree put here by Armond or his killer?

The fallen star is watched over by a copper golem. We liberated it, though the golem took some effort to put down, but the relentless undying dragonspawn kept its attention while we worked to find something that could put it down for good.

It is the size and shape of an ostrich egg. It is indestructible and radiates magic. It is covered with wards within wards.

The chonchon is a large vampire bat. It looks like a severed head, and people claim that they are the ghosts of beheaded criminals condemned to roam the earth. Its odd shape is likely natural selection taking advantage of those fears.
    Woses are primitive humanoid vultures, sometimes called skeksis or hook horrors.
    Cockatrice are half rooster-half snake chimera who have paralytic venom so potent some say it can turn you to stone.
    Dragas are atavistic lizardpeople who have draconic features such as horns, wings, or fiery breath.
    Mirri, sometimes called blink dogs, are strange hounds with large piercing eyes that have the ability to move in and out of the Dreamtime.
    Last edited by Talakeal; 2023-01-29 at 01:36 PM.
    Looking for feedback on Heart of Darkness, a character driven RPG of Gothic fantasy.