View Single Post

Thread: Raging Loop

1. - Top - End - #70
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Raging Loop

Quote Originally Posted by Taffimai View Post
    Wolves can't afford to have cleared town running around, and angeldodging is a pain. Trying to get the claimant killed is entirely defensible, especially by softing which you can later spin as "no it wasn't a cc their reads were just so bad I was sure they were lying".

I mean, if I had to lay down money I'd bet on you being town over Illven, but I can't get over how you're at the same time arguing we should let Snake sort it out and wanting to kill Illven with all fury. They inherently contradict eachother imo.
    I don't want Snake to out themselves to catch one wolf. I'd rather just kill the person I know is a wolf. I'm just saying that your plan of using the wolf kill to figure out who the real claimant is, is 1) unlikely to work out in town's favor, and 2) only works if it's never said aloud. Saying it aloud is something town shouldn't do, and town!Taff should know not to do.

Wolves already know their fake claimant is caught. Regardless of who it is, regardless of who you think it is, seer is 100% going to know which of us is telling the truth by SoD2. Whether Snake outs themselves at that point to catch the faker is irrelevant - the fake is caught. "Getting away with being a fake Crow" is not something the wolves can do at this point. There is a 100% chance the fake Crow gets caught and killed in the days to come - when exactly that happens is irrelevant. That wolf is already caught and dead, they're just waiting for the rest of the game to catch up. They cannot lower the chances of themselves dying, they can only raise the chances of the real Crow dying.

To that end, lynching inside the two of us is, at absolute worst, a 50% chance of lynching the real Crow. You know what guarantees that the real Crow dies? If wolves kill the fake Crow (who was, if you recall, dead already regardless of what they do), and then town lynches the real Crow since the wolves would of course have tried to kill the "real Crow". The only way the real Crow doesn't get lynched D2 under your plan is if the seer (the only person who knows which Crow claimant is real) outs themselves D2.

Your plan of "let the wolves tell us who the real crow is" is a plan that only had a chance of working if it was never mentioned aloud. You saying it aloud guaranteed that it could only make things worse for the real Crow instead of better, and has decent odds of making things worse for Snake too.

EDIT: And I didn't say this, but obviously if Snake self-outs to save Crow D2, that means Spider has a tough choice to make N2 (assuming Spider wasn't a casualty D1/N1/D2, ofc). Getting both town info roles to be outed going into N2 is 100% the kind of thing worth spending a wolf life on.
    Last edited by AvatarVecna; 2023-02-01 at 08:31 AM.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    An Abattoir Vecna, if you will.
    My Homebrew