Quote Originally Posted by Snowblaze View Post
On "AV says I'm a wolf for Reasons": I can see a plausible explanation for wolfreading me for TMI: namely, that post wasn't TMI, I previously TMIed AV town and Crow by failing to make sense of the Badger thing and then that post was me hastily trying to cover up for it before anyone noticed.

I don't see why that merits the crypticness, though, so... yeah, AV, please explain.
...as you wish.

Default is that townies are going to be wondering if I'm a wolf who pulled a gambit, and looking for evidence that proves/disproves that from my actions. When I say "Illven flipped Badger", they're gonna ask themselves "why would wolf!AV do this? why would town!AV do this?", and both of those questions have obvious answers. Town!AV is sharing pertinent information since it can only help town and there's no point keeping quiet to hide their identity as Crow anymore. And Wolf!AV is signaling for Badger to target AV in the night to hook up with wolf team. This is fairly straightforward, and was in fact directly commented on shortly after I posted that message. For someone to see my post, and see the follow-up messages, requires one of two things:

1) They are utterly checked out of the game, and barely thinking about the single most pertinent issue at hand.

2) That default of "they wonder if I'm a wolf" is incorrect.

A wolf would see me call Illven Badger and not wonder if it was a gambit - because they know I'm not a wolf, so they know I'm not signaling to Badger. The thought probably doesn't even occur to them, maybe even doesn't occur to them when they see Cazero say this:

Quote Originally Posted by Cazero View Post
Hmmm.
Not sure if that explain the lack of coaching or AV signaling to a real Badger.
A wolf sees that and wonders "why would Crow signal to Badger? That doesn't make any sense." So that's something I was kind of on the lookout for: people who just accepted at face value that I wasn't possibly a wolf signaling to Badger. And so when Snow does her Cazero ISO early D2 and claims not to get it, and then later posts "ohhhhh now I get it", my immediate thought is that it's TMI. Snow already knew I wasn't a wolf faking it, so the theory made no sense to her. Her perspective makes sense only for someone who knows I'm not a wolf.

You know who knows I'm not a wolf? The wolves. TMI.

...and then as soon as I hit post I realized there was one other person who would know, a town person who would know for sure. I try to walk back the suspicion, and then realize that's the wrong move. If I really want to protect Snow from wolf scrutiny, I needed to keep scumreading her without walking people through all of the above, because if wolves aren't thinking about it that deep yet, I don't wanna point lead them down the whole path and just stop right at the step where I say "if Snow isn't a wolf, that TMI can only mean she's the..." because wolves know she's not a wolf, and thus know she's the...you know.

But since Snow sees what I saw, and still told me to explain myself, it seems I was just wrong? Which is actually kinda making me swing back to legitimately scumreading her instead of proclaiming to scumread her as a smokescreen.