Quote Originally Posted by strangebloke View Post
I mean, no? Not at all.

You can just be a runt. You're a half orc, you grew up with orcs, you had to fight for scraps at the orphanage and you always lost out to the bigger guys, meaning you often went hungry and ended up malnourished and small even compared to a human. Your interest in magic and your efforts to develop your mind flow out of a desire to compensate for your small stature.

like seriously I am begging you guys, exercise a bit of creativity here.
Sure. You can be a runt for an orc or a half-orc. But, by nature of NOT being human, even a runt of an orc is still stronger than a human who grew under the same circumstances, and possibly just as strong as an average human, especially if you aren't rolling and the worse base value you can get is 8.

Of course, if you're rolling for stats, you can be weaker than average human even with +2 Str, but I wouldn't be surprised if rolling for stats was reduced to a variant in D&Done or even removed as an option.

Quote Originally Posted by Witty Username View Post
20 by 8 is perfectly fine, and should be mildly expected (feats being used, likely will push this down).
20 at any level puts you above the curve, it's NEVER expected by the system, but it's not gamebreaking.