Quote Originally Posted by Witty Username View Post
If worse or as good as human is all we get anyway, fixed ASIs just pigeonhole races into particular classes.
quite true, but *point to post 1* that doesn't have to be the case. That's a game design choice.

And likewise, as we've seen with Tasha (where suddenly the free-armor-proficiency dwarves have better features for wizard then yet-another-cantrip - high elves) this isn't an ability score problem - it's an ability problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Witty Username View Post
An exceptionally strong Goliath has 20 strength.
An exceptionally strong Elf has 20 strength.
Neither of which are prohibited by the rules, even without taking into account floating ASIs.
And I don't disagree with you on that. But I'm talking about Tasha. To quote

if you're a dwarf, your Constitution increases by 2, because dwarf heroes in D&D are often exceptionally tough

Exceptionally tough... compared to whom? if Dwarf commoners get +2 Con, these dwarf hero's would not be exceptionally though - they would be normal. While a dwarf that took +2 Dex instead would be both an exceptionally dexterious dwarf, and weak (as they lack the +2 CON that dwarf commoners have)

Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
No, both of these are bad.
I know, and yet
  • You previously lauded the fact that golaiths get an ability that increases their carrying capacity.
  • You're against elves having the get +2 DEX - even if pointed out that this would have different game mechanical effects then the current rules.

That does not make sense to me. Carrying capacity is ALSO a number you know. Why do think one is bad and the other isn't?

Quote Originally Posted by JackPhoenix View Post
Repeat after me: Not optimized is NOT the same thing as not viable.
Quite true. But that's not a standard. Not always.

When the rest of the people on the table blame you for the TPK, as you're playing a int 15 wizard, they're not saying not saying the character isn't viable - they are saying they feel the character isn't pulling it's weight.

(and mind you - I'm someone who does maths for a hobby: I'm no saying they are neccecairy right. Psychology and maths are not the same thing)

---------------------------

... Oh, and some food for thought : who is the guy in your party that has the best chance to (nonmagically) seduce the princes?

Spoiler
Show
the orc warlock of course*

* if he's the only charisma based character of the party