Quote Originally Posted by BerzerkerUnit View Post
Added the Deckbuilder Wizard.

I crave feedback. I’d love to see it play tested.

I’d use a regular deck of cards at the table and just write spell names on the faces as needed (or keep a legend). MtG inspired the idea but there’s no real thematic or mechanical link to the game.

It’s maybe a high level dream but I think the options it can open at lower level with down casting, no loss upcasting, and so on are interesting without being game breaking. It has a baked in call to adventure in that scroll hunting is your full time job. As is keeping two or more back up spell books.

One to hold all your spells, one for your deck, and one you can convert into your deck of the first deck is lost or destroyed.
I think it sounds like a neat idea, but I'm a little confused as to how it would play - are the draws from the spell deck in addition to your normal spells per day? It seems to me like a draw from the deck is just risking a spell slot, and a potentially unhelpful spell. I could see playing a deckbuilder wizard if I could choose spells from a hand or a spread, but leaving things fully up to chance feels too risky to me.