View Single Post

Thread: Ozodrin (5E Conversion, PEACH)

1. - Top - End - #209
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Ozodrin (5E Conversion, PEACH)

Quote Originally Posted by sallyisgreat View Post
    Has the OGL drama changed your plans at all? Are you still going to continue, and will you still be working on a One D&D version? I’d still enjoy having a pdf version of the ozodrin despite everything going on with WoTC, but would understand if things had been a bit soured for you. I wish you well muddling through our weird wide world.
    First off, how did I not see this for two days? I have been tweaking some stuff / actively checking this thread the past couple... ah, I see, you slipped in right after a check. Figures. :P

OGL drama hasn't changed anything currently, given the rollback.

---

Currently I'm dealing with what may be the main hurdle for a One D&D version - the split between Warrior/Mage/Priest/Expert. Most Ozodrin fit Warrior, but then you have Eye/Puppet and a few other builds that are iffy.

Puppet: If I changed Parasite to being a dex-based saving throw (for attaching, still Cha for charm) that would help... but its still iffy, I think? Puppet really needs a way to attack in the event its the party's only frontliner and didn't grab tentacle as a secondary, but that's hard to fit in. Could rework puppet self some more, I guess.

Eye: Might need to be overhauled to fit that box, tbh. Has anyone played an Eye-Primary Ozodrin in an extended campaign? I feel like it is the least popular/playtested trait (as a primary, at least). Been working on Eye recently as it is, although those changes were for other reasons. I like the new middle option for Framing Gaze although the name "Duplicate Motion" could use some work...

On another note, I made a few eye changes recently. I also very recently made a puppet change I'm more iffy on:

Spoiler
    Show
    I changed Puppet Self to replace the +5 max hp with something that would still help with surviving but would scale better while being less powerful at level 1 (bonus action, sac any amount of non-temp HP to gain twice as much temp HP until start of next turn).
    Last edited by Magikeeper; 2023-02-12 at 03:07 AM.