View Single Post

Thread: Hogwarts Legacy

1. - Top - End - #91
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Hogwarts Legacy

Quote Originally Posted by Rynjin View Post
    Edit: I wasn't initially going to touch this part, but I feel it would be a bit unfair not to.

The point is not "if you read into subtext, you are [Bad Thing You're reading Into]", the point is that in a lot of cases people are less reading into things and more manufacturing reasons to be upset. And when it comes to free-associating physical characteristics and perceived cultural stereotypes with a fantastical ethnic group that doesn't fit the group you're trying to connect them with as clearly as you think they do...eh, it starts to make me wonder what's actually going on inside some peoples' heads.

I'm not saying you, specifically are [Negative Thing], but I do think that the people who initially whipped up this particular subset of the frenzy very well might be, the same as the orc "controversy" was, and people lacking context, and already inclined to think negatively about the property due to more valid reasons, are getting caught up in it. it's kind of the double edged sword of trying to boycott a product and also argue details about it at the same time. You, uh, don't actually know the details, because you're boycotting it.
    Much like the orc controversy, I cannot properly convey why I disagree with your statement.

Regardless, washing my hands of this {Scrubbed} conversation.
    Last edited by truemane; 2023-02-17 at 11:01 AM.