View Single Post

Thread: Hogwarts Legacy

1. - Top - End - #96
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Hogwarts Legacy

Quote Originally Posted by Sapphire Guard View Post
    Anyway, I Youtubed a couple of hours of the game, so far it seems okay but nothing special. Voice acting not great, lead is generic, vaguely interested in the plot now, not sure If I will get it or not as of yet. Seems kind of like rings of power, where the conversation about it is so loud that the only way to get a fair perspective is to get the damned thing. Still don't know, though.
    I don't think it's a fun or interesting game to watch, especially since so much of it is just solving tiny puzzles or tasks as you run around. Weirdly enough though, I find it a lot of fun to actively play. I completely get the reviews where the author lists a bunch of small defects but still gives it a 9/10. Each time I fire it up, I'm thoroughly engaged. Watching someone solve a math puzzle then chase a flying key then levitate a statue to get a book page then sneak up on an eyeball chest is probably dull as heck.

But it'll still be the same game when it's $30 or $15 and, even if you know the story twists, the story isn't really what makes it good anyway.
    Last edited by Jophiel; 2023-02-14 at 06:39 PM.