Quote Originally Posted by Sapphire Guard View Post
Seems like a dubious take.

It's especially odd when you have to start by blaming the teenage girl for not ending institutionalised slavery singlehanded while at school, and then you have to assume the author is lying when she says the character returned to the matter later in life when she could actually achieve meaningful change. It's very easy to be a critic when you can make random assumptions and then when the creator contradicts them you can assume they are lying. That's great, because it means there are no conditions where you might have to think you might be wrong.
I'm going off of what's written in the text itself, both here and in Cursed Child; which is, after the end of the novel it's never mentioned ever again, either in there or in the succeeding works. That puts it pretty clearly in "teenage phase" category, so far as I'm concerned.

Of course I don't expect a teenage girl to overthrow an institution that has existed for centuries even if that's what Dumbledore's army actually did in books 6 and 7, taking on both Voldemort, the Death Eaters, and the ministry of magic and winning.

The sole evidence I have to the contrary is one line in the wiki

Later in life, Hermione would advance the rights of house-elves in the Department for the Regulation and Control of Magical Creatures, before transferring to the Department of Magical Law Enforcement.
So that appears to be it. She put some effort in, then moved on to more important things as far as she's concerned. Still looks like "youthful phase" rather than "serious advocate" to me.

Respectfully,

Brian P.