This morning had a good bit more combat, mostly against spiders. The fighting is really growing on me. It’s a ranged game, but it feels quite like a melee system, with its emphasis on blocks and guard breaks. If it was a melee game, it would have one of the best systems I've played in ages, since the guard breaks have some depth to them, what with needing different types of spell to break different guards, but each spell carrying its own effect and range and so on. It's way, way better than the extremely samey light/heavy attack system every bloody game uses now.

Quote Originally Posted by pendell View Post
It has been several years since I read it. Very well, I stand corrected.

Respectfully,

Brian P.
Fair enough. There is a lot of book, I know them very well thanks to listening to the audio books more times than I care to count.

And it is definitely true that the whole house elf thing is clumsily handled, and a sort of weird B plot. I think it would have worked much better to have, say, free elves working at Hogwarts from the get go, but owning elves is still legal and something a lot of older families do. That would make it clear that elves are not by their general nature inclined to be slaves, and that wizarding society is split on the issue.