This is going nowhere, Kal muses. The more she pushes, the more the story changes, and the more Zephyr and Talia fall back into whatever weird fight they were having before the team showed up.

"What do I tell someone that doesn't want to talk?" Kal ponders.

"Simple, engoní. You tell them what you tell anyone who is afraid: the truth."

Kal glances at Talia and Zephyr, watching them fidget nervously, and then clears her throat.

"I have learned much in these past few days, not just about our strange situation, but also which resource is the most important at times like these. I used to think it was our gifts -- after all, you cannot fight if you cannot defend yourself, hm? And this is part-of-the-way true. Then, I think to myself, it is not our gifts, it is our cleverness, our cunning that is the greatest resource. Our gifts are only as useful as our creativity in wielding them, so that we can adapt to these new threats as we discover them. This is also part-of-the-way, but not all-of-the-way true. Looking back on our triumphs, I am realizing that I am wrong twice now. There is but one thing that allowed us to assist in time, and has been our most reliable ally, and that thing is information."

"It was information that kept us one step ahead of the crazy doctor man, who attacked the museum. It was information that helped us stop the cult meeting, before they could work their dark magics. It was information for the camp, and the water supply, and everything else. It was information that saved lives, Mr. and Mrs. Magro. Information in our hands, with enough time to act on it."

"Now, here is your other problem, but it is related, this I know to be true. If this was a situation for the police, and you don't like the officer who comes to write down what you say on their little paper, you wait for the next one. You go to the doctor and you do not like what they have to say, you go and get a second opinion. This is what everyone does. But you see, our situation here is... unique, is it not? There are no other police officers coming to write down what you say, there is no other doctor with a 'second opinion.' We are the only ones who can protect you from this strangeness, at your door. But we can only do that if we have the right information, with enough time to act on it. I beg of you, if you have such information, that you please share it with us, so we can protect you in whatever way we are able."

Kal gestures to the needle, now held by Zephyr. "I have put a little piece of my soul in your hands, Mr. Magro. All I am asking in return is that you put a little piece of your trust in mine."