View Single Post

Thread: OneD&D UA - THE DRUID AND PALADIN

1. - Top - End - #225
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: OneD&D UA - THE DRUID AND PALADIN

Quote Originally Posted by Ionathus View Post
    All of the wildshape discourse here is missing the most important part IMO, which is that 10th level Moon Druids can no longer blow all their resources to turn into a Fire Tornado.
    Yes. That sucks. I liked the elemental option, although it cost two uses.
    Straight-up the coolest class feature in the game and they replaced it with *checks notes* +1d6 elemental damage.
    Major nerf.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    Hey did anyone notice Druids can wear metal now? They lost medium armor proficiency though.
    How much light armor is made of metal?
    I have no doubt that Evoker will still be the basic Wizard.
    Which makes sense to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kane0 View Post
    - Can wear metal now, cool
    How much light armor is metal?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kane0 View Post
    Wildshaping/Moon Druid
    - Your AC and HP don't improve, so you're essentially trading spellcasting for perception and WIS-SADding your STR/DEX for checks and melee attacks. That's a pretty mediocre trade for combat purposes, and a lot of utility as been level gated (see below). Moon druids shape as a bonus action still.
    - Your creature type doesn't change
    - You can still be a serviceable mount
    - There are no ways to get most beast features like trample, charge, pounce, poison, echolocation, webwalking, etc.
    - Cant climb, swim, fly or tiny until levels 5, 7, 9 and 11 respectively
    - Your beast attacks never become magical
    The bolded part is where I think they over nerfed wild shape.
    Paladin
    - Lay On Hands can't fix Diseases now, I guess too many people complained about Paladins
    Yeah, I will be mentioning that in the feedback.
    - Smites can be done with ranged weapons and unarmed, but are also limited to once per turn and can't also cast a spell
    Not even as a bonus action, like misty step? Hmm, as I think through this, I like it even less, but I get the "used a spell slot to do this so you have used your spell slot for this round. Not sure I like it.
    - Aura of Protection moved back one level
    - Aura of Courage moved back three levels
    Don't like either of those.
    - Restoring Touch is like Cleansing Touch, but does conditions rather than spells and is moved back one level. fine.
    Moving back a level is not fine for me. Late game features rarely get reached.
    - Auras getting bigger is moved forward one level
    Yay.
    - Sacred Weapon is a bonus action use of your Channel, good improvement
    Agree. I already changed that in our Wednesday game.
    - Smite of Protection sounds like an oxymoron, but it hands out THP when smite which is fine
    Way weaker than an 'always on' aura.
    - Find Familiar/Steed have stat blocks like Tasha's summons, each with one neat ability, fine
    Agree. Also drops to 0 HP then 1 HP then escapes.
    Last edited by KorvinStarmast; 2023-02-24 at 10:35 AM.
    Avatar by linklele. How Teleport Works
    a. Malifice (paraphrased):
    Rulings are not 'House Rules.' Rulings are a DM doing what DMs are supposed to do.
    b. greenstone (paraphrased):
    Agency means that they {players} control their character's actions; you control the world's reactions to the character's actions.
    Gosh, 2D8HP, you are so very correct!
    Second known member of the Greyview Appreciation Society