Quote Originally Posted by Zarhan View Post
Ok, how does this "explore every dungeon to get to the final one" works, in terms of implementation?

Is there some pressure plate in all of the dungeons (that resets after a day or two, otherwise the bugbears would have discovered the gate long ago), and when they are all pressed down the door appears?
One possibility is that each dungeon "tags" any person who enters it, by some magical mechanism. The final dungeon becomes available to someone who collects all of the "tags". It doesn't work if a bunch of different people collect some of the "tags" each.

The spell description for Magic Mouth is fairly specific about what it can't distinguish. The original AD&D version gave an example of how it could be used, and specified that it could distinguish age: "Speak only when an octogenarian female carrying a sack of groat clusters sits crosslegged within five feet." That example was removed at some point. But it has never been clear how the spell did its sensing, so it might be possible for a Magic Mouth to be triggered in the presence of "someone who has been through each of the dungeons". And it's possible to hide a dungeon behind a Magic Mouth -- for the opened lips to be a gateway. Or at least that's how I've used it, way back when.

Quote Originally Posted by SlashDash View Post
But obviously Serini has another way in there. I doubt she would force herself to do that.
There's a possibility of a "back door", easy to access, ridiculously implausible to find. "Visit the following sequence of eight doors, in order, without interruption" would do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tala Goodweed View Post
For someone who English is not his first language. Can you please explain what is the revelation in this comic?
To what kind of Gauntlet is Roy talking about.

I only know a Gauntlet is like a glove.
See what others have posted; but also, the "ordeal" version used to be spelled differently: "gantlet" rather than "gauntlet".