Quote Originally Posted by KorvinStarmast View Post
I sure do.
What, then? Go on, give me your definition of "hostile" whereby trying to destroy someone isn't hostile.

Quote Originally Posted by KorvinStarmast View Post
The fiction regarding why one puts a stake in a vampire's heart.
This isn't rocket science. That's the genre I have been talking about this whole time which you deliberately evade and try to subvert.
And you accuses me of what?
Sorry, no credibility for you on this one.

As an aside, if you honestly don't know the genre of vampire fiction, why are you even engaging?

Sorry, that's the kind of subversion I have been calling you out on already. Do you see the problem now? The "whataboutery" does not advance the conversation, it's deliberate noise to obfuscate the core fiction.
Here's my understanding of the situation:

Humans generally evaluate behavior relative to some "in-group". Under this paradigm, "good" actions benefit the in-group and "evil" actions harm the in-group, and the perspective of an unbiased third party, hypothetical or not, doesn't enter into the equation. All that's required for someone, whether a fictional monster or a real human being, to rate as "evil" is acting against the interests of one's perceived in-group.

I take it that you don't care whether a fictional vampire is better or worse than anyone else from an unbiased perspective. If it just doesn't matter to you whether or not you're actually worse than the monster you root for the protagonists to kill, then I guess that that is "adding noise" from your perspective.

But comparing and contrasting the behaviors of different groups and individuals is what I was talking about in the first place. That is the conversation here. Why have you repeatedly replied if you don't want to participate in that conversation?

There's nothing inherently wrong with subverting a genre. Although, given that I'm not producing any fiction here, "subvert" feels a little strong. More like "analyze".