Quote Originally Posted by Pixel_Kitsune View Post
If I was taking them as gospel, absolutely. I'm just pointing out that there's not a consensus on Cobalt Soul being bad any more than there is one on Blood Hunter being bad.

I'm not about to jump on someone for liking or not liking a class, but the idea that it's specifically bad vs just not tuned well for certain play styles is not the same.

I despise the Sorcerer, I'm finally playing one now and struggling already to not change characters, but I certainly recognize that the Sorcerer is powerful and that people like it. I can't imagine playing a Barbarian instead of a Fighter or Paladin or Ranger, but people obviously like it. One of my Darksun game's PCs is a Barbarian and having a blast.
The problem isn't that Cobalt soul is objectively bad design it's the whole line up. Chrono wizards are busted because of lack of understanding of a major restricting limitation of spell casting, echo knights is just word salad at its best, gunslingers is a more limited battle master, .. oath of open sea is ok but it's hard to miss with paladin oaths, runechild missed the fact what features a sorcerer has at level 1, hemocraft is ripe for abuse, juggernaut reinforces that barbarian should be avoided, blood hunter is getting there but it's still full of issues.

5e is robust enough that you can get away with some bad design but it doesn't take away from what it is.