The barmaid hands over a new round of drinks, and you notice that she studies you carefully. She seems to relax a little when she identifies you as foreigners, however.

The Acolyte moves to cover her bitten arm. She replies cautiously, I was bitten by one of the afflicted. “The victims of the curse suffer a gnawing hunger, but cannot keep food or water down. If left alone, they eventually rush out of doors and strike out for the deeper desert with no care for their well-being. The old and infirm die quickly, but some of them stir and rise again as ghouls, and soon continue their journey into the sands. You would be better off talking to Master Sayid of the Fabled and Forgotten bookshop, for he is a wise and knowledgeable man. I would suggest you speak to the High Priest, Arakor Shonar, but he disappeared into the Whitewater compound several days ago, and hasn't been seen since. Some say he has been hiding from the curse in luxury, but I believe he has been working with Tianka Whitewater to find a cure. In any case, the Whitewaters have been sending us clean food and water since he went there."

"I can show you these, too, since you seem interested. They are magically enchanted jackal bones, which have been left at the sites of many attacks."

She shows you some bone fragments, each inscribed with writing in an unusual script.

Spoiler: OOC
Show

For those in the bar, read the first bit of Post 11 for a tip as to what may be happening, and from where you can start an investigation.