To Alistair, Zeiram responds: "I am the unliving specter of death itself. The Voice is blaspheming the finality of existence and I am the shadow his sins cast. I was born very near to the dawning of the current age. Only three entities existed at that time: the Heart, the Devil, and myself: the shadow. A still beating Heart, freshly removed from a goddess' eviscerated cadaver. It holds the power to control the spatial fold between Solum and the Dungeon and it is in the hands of the Devil you call the Infernal Voice. My existence began with her death, so I thought it would be amusing to avenge her. The Devil created the Dungeon to contain me in order to have access to the Heart unimpeded by my presence."

To Alistair's inquiry about the women: "They are Solumites that preferred to remain as guests in the shelter of my halls rather than returning to Solum and dreading the imaginary dangers of facing the Dungeon again. I appreciated their company. Now they're basically taxidermy. They didn't wish to become undead whilst they lived, so their minds were not preserved."

To Yas' question Zeiram responds "You could consider me the second Solumite or the first Dungeon Denizen. I am simply me."

Spoiler: Sense Motive DC 30
Show
Zeiram wants that Heart for itself, quite probably for something nefarious that you wouldn't like. It is an ancient lich, after all.

Zeiram seems honest about being an enemy to the Infernal Voice.

Spoiler: Kn: History, Religion or Planes DC 30
Show
There are rumored to be scraps of heretical manuscripts regarded by especially knowledgeable individuals to be the scriptures of a long dead religion originating from the Dungeon which depicted a story with some parallels to what Zeiram described.