1. - Top - End - #52
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Magical MacGyver side-by-side comparison game

Ah, I was hoping I would get these in before you dropped the scenarios! Oh well, I declared what I would make previously so I think it's fair to assume I didn't attempt to cater these to the circumstance.

Spoiler: Risus
    Show

Panaka (level ?)

• Hide and Seek (6d6): Highly elusive, knows all the best hiding spots, and hunts down others with expertise.
    • Pyrotechnics (6d6): Inspired by the d&d spell. Blind with fireworks, obscure the battlefield in smoke, and light things on fire.
    • Sketch (6d6): Copy something else you have witnessed recently. Keep it until you decide to copy something else.

I pretty much just took this awesome guy from my current Risus game on here, leveled him up a bit, and changed one of the Clichés. Really looking forward to how creative I can get with this one.

Spoiler: Tails of Equestria
    Show

Yakul Tardy, Esquire (level 5)

Stamina: 26

Body: d6
    Mind: d20
    Charm: d6

Friendship tokens (5):
    Friendship Tokens are used after you roll the die on a challenge or test and fail. Depending on
    the number you spend, you can achieve one of three effects.

• 1 Token: You can ignore the result, and roll the die again.
    • 2 Tokens: You can ignore the result and roll a d20 instead of the original die (in the case of
      having rolled more than one on a challenge, replace the lowest level die)
    • 3 Tokens: You pass the test or win the challenge automatically with no re-roll needed.

Talents:
    • Telekinesis (d20): This talent lets Unicorns move light objects around as their horn glows a colorful light that matches the selected object. It also allows the unicorn to light up dark places, and as it levels up can move heavier objects.
    • Stun Ray (d20): A powerful ray of magic rolled against an opponent’s Body trait. The target loses a number of Stamina points equal to the amount you rolled if successful, but if you roll a 1, the Stun Ray backfires and you lose an amount of Stamina points equal to the opposing roll.
    • Teleport (d10): The ability to instantly teleport away in a flash of magic. Teleporting DC depends on the distance and the number of objects being warped. Yourself at a few feet at a time is DC 5, and every few feet adds an extra 1 difficulty to the roll. Failing a teleport means you teleport somewhere you didn’t wish to.
    • Forcefield (d8): Can create a magical shield to protect others from harm, requiring concentration. Creating a forcefield around a small object would be DC 4, a pony or pony-sized object DC 6, an entire town would be 12 or higher. The forcefield lasts as long as the pony that created it concentrates on it, or until it is broken. The shields can be broken via a Body (or appropriate trait) test with a difficult equal to the number the pony rolled against to create it.
    • Pony Sense (d6): The ability to predict things coming at you before they happen. May be used an equal number as its max value in a game session, ie 4 times for a d4 and 10 times for a d10. The difficulty of sensing what is about to happen is depending on the GM and the situation, but can be used to prevent what otherwise might be surprises from catching you flat-footed. The GM may also choose to simply warn the player of events himself without them needing to roll.

Items: 200 bits total cost (200b left)
    Ponybalm: 20 (100b) 1/day
    Simple clothes: (20b)
    Scroll kit: (35b) upgrades die
    Food: 5 meals (15b), 5 snacks (5b)
    Saddlebags: (25b)

I honestly think this one is going to run over the opposition, no contest. Ponies are broken, dude. Another note, I took a minimum for friendship tokens, 1 for me per level (though the game itself provides 1 per level for each player at the table, including the DM).

Spoiler: Worlds Without Number
    Show

NecroFist (level 5)

AC: 15
    Hit points: 47
    Initiative: 1d8+1
    Attack Roll: 1d20+7

Strength: 10 (0)
    Dexterity: 14 (+1)
    Constitution: 11 (0)
    Intelligence: 8 (0)
    Wisdom: 9 (0)
    Charisma: 14 (+1)

60 silver left
    Linothorax (light armor): 13 AC, 20 silver, 1 encumbrance
    Small Shield: +1 AC, 20 silver, 1 encumbrance (ignore shock 1/round)

Punch: 1d10+3, shock 1d6+2 on miss, heal 1d6 on hit

Skills:
    • Punch (2): Fight unarmed or with natural body weaponry. Punch, kick, grapple, or otherwise brawl without the benefit of man-made tools. This mode of fighting is inefficient at best without some special Focus to improve it, but it’s reliably non-lethal.
    • Magic (0): Cast or analyze magic and know things about famous mages or notable magical events. Classes that can’t cast spells obtain only intellectual and scholarly benefits from this skill.
    • Notice (2): Notice small details, impending ambushes, hidden features, or concealed objects. Detect subtle smells, sounds, or other sensory input. Notice cannot be used simply to detect a lie, but keen attention can often discern a subject’s emotional state.
    • Administer (1): Keep an organization running smoothly, scribe things well, plan out logistics, identify incompetent or treacherous workers, analyze records or archives, or otherwise do things that an executive or middle-manager would need to do.

Foci:
    • Unarmed Combatant (2): Your empty hands are more dangerous than swords in the grip of the less gifted. Your unarmed attacks are counted as melee weapons when it comes to binding up opponents wielding bows and similar ranged long arms, though you need at least one hand free to do so.
      Level 1: Gain Punch as a bonus skill. Your unarmed attacks become more dangerous as your Punch skill increases. At level-0, they do 1d6 damage. At level-1, they do 1d8 damage. At level-2 they do 1d10, level-3 does 1d12, and level-4 does 1d12+1. At Punch-1 or better, they have the Shock quality equal to your Punch skill against AC 15 or less. While you normally add your Punch skill level to any unarmed damage, don’t add it twice to this Shock damage.
      Level 2: Even on a miss with a Punch attack, you do an unmodified 1d6 damage, plus any Shock that the blow might inflict on the target.
    • Die Hard (1): You are surprisingly hard to kill. You can survive injuries or bear up under stresses that would incapacitate a less determined hero.
      Level 1: You gain an extra 2 maximum hit points per level. This bonus applies retroactively if you take this Focus after first level. You automatically stabilize if Mortally Wounded, provided you have not been incinerated, dismembered, or otherwise torn apart.
    • Armored Magic (1): Usable only by Mage heroes who would otherwise be prevented from casting spells or using arts while armored, this Focus reflects special training in channeling magic through the hindering materials of conventional armor.
      Level 1: You can cast spells or use arts while wearing armor that has an Encumbrance value of no more than two. You can use a shield while casting, provided your other hand is empty for gesturing.

Arts:
    • Consume Life Energy: By making a Punch attack or using a melee weapon you have spent at least an hour properly consecrating, you can absorb a portion of the damage you inflict on others as healing to yourself. For each successful attack you make with such implements, you heal 1d6 damage, up to a maximum of the damage done by the attack. You cannot drain more life than the target has remaining hit points.
    • Keeper of the Gate: At your discretion, creatures within twenty feet of you per character level that are Mortally Wounded will die instantly and cannot be revived by magic or medicine. Conversely, you can Commit Effort for the day to automatically stabilize any or all within that range, increasing their System Strain by 1 point. This benefit cannot aid creatures that have been dismembered, shredded, or otherwise suffered unsurvivable injuries.

Spells (2/day):
    • Enfeebling Wave (2):
      A wash of debilitating force erupts in a 20-foot radius at a visible point within one hundred feet. All living creatures within the area must make a Physical saving throw or for the rest of the scene their movement rate is halved and they must make all attack and damage rolls twice and take the worse result. If the save is successful, these penalties apply only to their next turn.
    • Query the Skull (1): This spell requires a corpse with largely-intact organs of communication. The corpse cannot have been dead for more than one day per caster level. Once sorceled, the corpse will answer up to one question per caster level, with the caster understanding the answers regardless of the creature’s natural language. Corpses are laconic, and generally answer in no more than one or two sentences; their replies will be truthful, but tend to be literal and they have no power to hypothesize or make judgments. This spell may not be used twice on the same corpse.
    • The Excellent Transpicuous
      Transformation (1):
      The mage chooses up to one visible willing target per caster level provided they are within 100 feet, though afterwards the targets can separate freely. The targets and all they wear or carry become perfectly transparent. Missile attacks against invisible foes are largely impossible, and melee attacks against them usually suffer a -4 penalty to hit rolls. The spell lasts for up to an hour per caster level, but it breaks if a subject performs some violent motion, such as running, attacking, or casting a spell. Once broken for one subject, it breaks for all.
    • Velocitous Imbuement (1): Unlike most spells, this one may be cast as a simple On Turn action, targeting up to one visible willing creature per caster level within one hundred feet. Enchanted creatures become incredibly fleet of foot, doubling their usual ground movement rate and becoming capable of running up walls and across ceilings without falling, provided they end their round upright on a navigable surface. They may also move away from melee opponents without needing to make a Fighting Withdrawal to avoid a parting attack, and may pass through and around armed foes who do not completely physically block their path. The spell lasts for the remainder of the scene and adds 1 System Strain to those who take advantage of it.
    • Conjunction of the Inexorable Step (2): A visible target within a hundred feet is immediately teleported to any visible, solid resting point within a half-mile, provided the target point has enough room to accept them and it is not a position of imminent physical peril. Unattended objects can be translocated by the spell, but they can be no larger than a horse. Unwilling creatures targeted by this spell may make a Mental saving throw to resist; on a success, it is the caster who is transported to the intended destination instead.

I'm quite sure I missed equipment a couple things, but I hope it's close maybe? If I understood the system well enough and really wanted to attempt handling as many different scenarios as possible, I would have chosen Expert with Polymath instead (probably with partial mage). Alas, that is not the case!

I decided not to run my 3.5e idea because it's... It's just a lot more work and I've had enough experience with it to have a satisfactory understanding. Also, while I really like my "Cantripologist" idea through 5e (Shadow Sorcerer/Celestial TomeLock/+), I decided I would rather put the effort into simpler systems I have less experience with and test them out. I could see myself adding this one in soon either way. Admittedly, it would be much easier than page-flipping hunting down all the character creation rules in something I'm not nearly as familiar with. (Looking at you WWN...)
    Last edited by animorte; 2023-03-26 at 12:35 PM. Reason: Remembrall is RED!