1. - Top - End - #23
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Has anyone else's YouTube feed/recommendations been noticeably worse this week?

Google's results in general have been getting worse and worse for the past couple of years. I think something's gone terribly wrong with the entire corporation (like, beyond the whole morally questionable adware and data gathering angle; something is going terribly wrong with the services themselves)

This really sunk in for me a couple weeks back when I was trying to look up how many people are descended from genghis khan, and the featured snippets kept returning the same wrong answer (which I know is wrong because I read the articles they were from and they're actually the answer to a different, tangentially related question).

And you havan't been able to exclude results for years now.

And half the time it just completely ignores half of your query (although occadionally it's at least conscientious enough to inform you that it's done so)
    Last edited by Bohandas; 2023-04-07 at 02:20 AM.
    "If you want to understand biology don't think about vibrant throbbing gels and oozes, think about information technology" -Richard Dawkins

Omegaupdate Forum

WoTC Forums Archive + Indexing Projext

PostImage, a free and sensible alternative to Photobucket

Temple+ Modding Project for Atari's Temple of Elemental Evil

Morrus' RPG Forum (EN World v2)