I am in the process of possibly setting up my first online game and I am looking at using Roll20 to do so. Because of my situation, I will be located in a different city than my players, likely 4-5 of them will be in one city and the 6th in a third city.
My first question, is Roll20 "live" in that they will be able to move their tokens (they would have Roll20 open there), I would be able to move the NPCs and we would be able to communicate actions and results by voice, using TEAM as we do now. I assume that if this is so, the 6th outlier would be able to move as well.
My second question is maps. I do not have the patience or skill to make maps but in browsing the site, I came across pre-drawn dungeon packs (one that really drew my eye for value was "Side Quest Dungeons). How exactly do they work? If I pay my fee, do they get loaded onto my account somewhere and then I just move them into the main display, which they would then be able to see at their location. And if that is indeed the way it works, how does someone stop them from zooming in and out and taking a good look at the whole dungeon, including any obvious secret doors. When I load in the new map, does the system choose icons to for all the players to move?
Another question, one of my players has strong artistic talents, he plans to do sketches of every players character, is it possible for the images he creates to be somehow added to my accounts and have them to represent the characters instead of the system choices.
Any help you could give would be appreciated, either here or via PM, or if you have a wall of text advice, my email is [email protected]