View Single Post

Thread: Aegis' Dungeoncrawler In-Character II

1. - Top - End - #472
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Default Re: Aegis' Dungeoncrawler In-Character II

Quote Originally Posted by dantiesilva View Post
    "Are you stating that back when these women were alive Solum was not a monarchy? If so finding a lot more proof on who the Voice may be will become a lot more difficult. And without a good deal of proof the chances of us being attacked by everyone defending the Voice in their disguise are extremely high making the mission even more difficult." Abigail states looking to the others to see if they had any knowledge in the History of Solum. She was sure she could try to dig something up, but it would raise a lot of questions, and she wasn't sure she wanted to bring her family into this incase she failed they could claim ignorance.
    "Indeed. Solum as a society has had many incarnations, governments, and cultures throughout its now forgotten history. It has had forms of government that would be difficult to explain or comprehend given the narrow range of possibilities offered to you by the Infernal Voice's use of the Heart. However, they all share a common fate; when the Infernal Voice bores of them, he destroys them with a tsunami of monsters spawned from the depths of the Dungeon. Imagine that Solum to him is a stage in a theater. When the Infernal Voice decides it wants a new show, it clears the stage off, discarding and repurposing the existing life. However, life persists, even after all this time. Truly a marvel."

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Solum's never had a tsunami as there isn't an ocean.

"That would be the idea." Abigail replies to the lich as he states so long as the voice has the heart of the Goddess they would never find anything outside of Sol. "The longer we play dumb and continue to play the game the less of a target the voice can outright make us. If you kick a hornet's nest you have to make sure you have the proper protection or else you will feel their sting. By investing in small things that a normal person of Sol would do to try and expand our territory, as well as showing to the voice that while we spoke with you we may not have believed you gives it pause as well as few avenues of attack against us directly outside of the Dungeon until we are ready to launch our own attack on him to remove the heart from his grasp."
    The lich has no reaction.

"Going on the offensive like that without proof at the moment is dangerous and unwise. We may beat the first wave of guards, and the second, but time would be against us as would all of Solum. I agree with your statement that it would not doubt be our best line of attack, however it is also the one he no doubt is expecting at this very moment. So the longer the voice goes unattacked the more paranoid it may become which could work to our advantage."
    "I will offer you a solution to your guards problem. I can cast upon you a powerful ancient magic I crafted with one of my past companions in the attempt to experience what they described as love. It aligns those around with you. They become unable to cause you direct harm. Some will fall under your sway and obey you. Even those most shielded will be prevented from attempting you direct harm. However, there are certain limitations. It should protect you from any creature born of Solum, though the Voice and other Dungeon Denizens could still attack. The weakest of Dungeon Denizens may create inconveniences, though will likely be held at bay.

Quote Originally Posted by whoiam View Post
    Fighting the voice for control of Solum... sounded way above her pay grade. That there might not be anyone better suited to the job than her current team was hardly reassuring.

Still, first things first. And the most urgent thing she could think of was...

Liselle pulls out a formerly very special +2 Greatsword, and holds it out to the Lich. "We bought this in one of the markets in Solum. There was an enchantment on it that brought us here. But it only seems to work once. Could you replace it? I don't think any of us are ready to take on the voice directly, and we may need a way to return here closer to the time."

They'd need to find somewhere 'safe' to store it in Solum, but that was better than having no means of returning at all.
    "Yes, if we are to be truly allied against the Infernal Voice, you should have the option to take shelter within my halls. The Voice has not previously risked a direct attack on my halls." the Lich collects the +2 Greatsword into its skeletal fingers and infuses it with dark magic. Dark mists flow from the lich's robes around the sword, infusing into it. A vortex pear the pommel coagulates into a weapon augment crystal.

Loot:
    Zeiram Dollop - This Weapon Augment crystal provides its weapon the effects of the Bane weapon property against all enemy types on lethal attacks, explicitly stacking with up to one other source of Bane. (Market Price 50,000 gp)
    The Greatsword Key to Zeiram's halls is now a +4 Greatsword.
    Either of these items provide their wielder the ability to hoist them aloft in the air, functioning as an Escape Stone for that individual and designated willing allies within 50ft, however these items return you to the Lost Halls of Zeiram.

Returning the blade to Liselle the lich whispers "I seem to have let out more power than intended." then leans back. After a brief moment the lich turns its head toward Abigail.

"Ah, when you inquired about suspicions at your insufficient loot, were you requesting funding? I could have my minions go into the Dungeon to collect things for you, though doing so may put Solumites at risk. Not all of the undead discriminate what they collect from. I suppose you may have expected the same from me prior to our meeting."

He turns to Levi "The wraith that accompanied you vouched for your prowess, so I thought it needless to expend further resources testing if you may be capable of defeating the Voice."
    Last edited by Aegis013; 2023-04-16 at 01:52 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thatwarforged View Post
    You sir are a True Pirate Lord.