"A few years back the Dungeon spawned a great host to attack the citizens of Solum. It was explained to everyone that it was because not enough people were venturing into the Dungeon to stop the creatures that were on the other side from coming through. There was great loss, but the tide was beaten back. Has that ever happened in the past before?" Abigail asks the lich, curious if the Dungeon overflowing into the city that one time could be a warning sign that the voice was growing bored, or that they had done something no one else had in theory done before. Stopped the voice, if only temporarily, once.

"I will offer you a solution to your guards problem. I can cast upon you a powerful ancient magic I crafted with one of my past companions in the attempt to experience what they described as love. It aligns those around with you. They become unable to cause you direct harm. Some will fall under your sway and obey you. Even those most shielded will be prevented from attempting you direct harm. However, there are certain limitations. It should protect you from any creature born of Solum, though the Voice and other Dungeon Denizens could still attack. The weakest of Dungeon Denizens may create inconveniences, though will likely be held at bay.
Abigail thinks on this a moment before responding. " I have power that allows me to do something similar, though to a much lesser degree then what you describe. With what you describe, and a bit of careful planning on our end in Sol we could set it up so that whatever the voice does we can counter, even if not directly. After all the moment we attack and things begin to look serious he will no doubt try to appeal to our morals and attack the people by letting lose the Dungeon onto Solum. When he does that if we have counter measures in place, something I have secretly already been working on, anyone attacking him wouldn't have to worry about the people as they have already done everything possible to protect them and keep them safe as long as possible. After all this would be a game of attrition with the voice, and so long as the people can hold out long enough for us to wrest the heart from the voice in theory we win. As we do not need to kill the voice, only get the heart away from them and out of their reach. Defeating them would be ideal, but should not be the main goal."

"I don't think that would be best for our case. If your minions attack other people from Solum it might reveal a way here we haven't thought of. Which would create more trouble then its worth. Perhaps we tell them the story we found here, of a lich leading armies against some foe that we couldn't discern. They may buy that the lack of funding, as you put it, was due to the voice giving us knowledge." Abigail states, unsure honestly if it could work, but someone better suited to lying then her could possibly pull it off. She could try explaining it from her standpoint and it would no doubt grab enough attention in the inner circles to not raise to many alarms, but it had its own risks, of others wanting to see these written stories.

Spoiler: Telepathy to allies only
Show
"I agree, between the Journal and what we have heard and seen here there is enough suspicion to at least play both sides of the bored for the moment until we know what is true and what is false. I believe we should start preparing for a lot of things at once however, including ways to make it harder for us to be targeted while inside Solum. Do we think the guild could forge armor and shields strong enough to withstand any invading force for a short time? I could stock up more on medical supplies which wouldn't raise to many alarms, and in my free time begin burrowing out a secret place beneath my temple so that when an invasion happens the people are safe. Investing in an airship as well would help disguise our knowledge and goals I believe."